The James Joyce Cultural Centre, situated in a stunning Georgian townhouse, offers the visitor historical and biographical information about James Joyce and his influence in literature. See the door to the famous No 7 Eccles Street from “Ulysses”, a recreation of his living quarters, art exhibitions and more to bring the author and his works to life. With the help of audio guides, interactive displays and knowledgeable walking tour guides, you will discover a piece of the literary history of Dublin. Our walking tours appeal to visitors with a casual interest and Joycean experts alike while our shop has a great selection of books by and on Joyce as well as other Joycean memorabilia. We run monthly evening lectures between September and June. You can also book a private walking tour.
Only the ground floor of the Centre is wheelchair-accessible.
October – March
- Monday – closed
- Tuesday to Saturday – 10am – 5pm
- Sunday – 12 – 5pm
April – September
- Monday to Saturday – 10am – 5pm
- Sunday – 12 – 5pm
NOTE: This schedule is effective from Monday 16th April 2018.
Year round: Last admissions are at 4.30pm and our exhibitions close at 4.50pm.
- St. Patrick’s Day (17th March) & St. Patrick’s Bank Holiday (19th March)
- Easter (Sunday 1st & Monday 2nd April 2018)
- Christmas period (Saturday 22nd December 2018 to Monday 1st January 2018 inclusive. Our last day of opening before Christmas is Friday 21 December 2018 and our first open day in the New Year is Tuesday 2nd January 2019)
Admission to the Centre, including temporary exhibitions:
- Adults: €5
- Students/Concession: €4
Group rates (10 persons or more)
- Adults: €4.50
- Students/Concession: €3.50
Group payments must be made in a single transaction.
If you are a tour group that is interested in visiting the James Joyce Centre be sure to contact us on email@example.com or+353 (0)1 8788547 to discuss your visit. Due to limited capacity in the Centre, groups must book in advance to ensure availability.
The James Joyce Centre also hosts walking tours for public and private groups, for more information have a look at our tours page here.