Due to Covid 19 government restrictions, the James Joyce Centre is currently closed and all activity has been moved online. Please note that there are no tours running at this time. We hope to be able to welcome you back and resume activities soon.
The safety of staff and visitors is paramount for us at this time. If you have booked a ticket for a walking tour, our team will be in contact with you soon. Should circumstances change we may need to review this situation and update our Centre information accordingly. Thank you for your understanding.
The James Joyce Centre offers various options for group visits. If there are 10 or more of you, why not avail of our group rates? Please find descriptions of the options below as well as rates and terms and conditions for 2020. Due to limited capacity in the Centre, groups must book in advance to ensure availability.
Here is an overview of what is available for groups:
Visits to the James Joyce Centre
The main permanent exhibition is self-guided and focuses on Ulysses, but also deals with other aspects of Joyce’s life and work. The exhibition contains video documentaries, room reconstructions and computer installations. You can also see the door of No 7 Eccles Street, the home of Leopold Bloom in Ulysses, and the furniture from Paul Léon’s apartment, where Joyce wrote part of Finnegans Wake. In addition, we host temporary exhibitions inspired by Joyce, his life and works.
Group admission to the Centre is €3.50 for students/seniors and €4.50 for adults.
The Centre offers walking tours to suit all levels of interest in Joyce, from those who have little or no knowledge of Joyce to those who are more familiar with his life and work and want to explore the city he wrote about. We can also tailor tours to specific interests.
We offer workshops and tours at the Centre for groups studying works by James Joyce.
The students will be led in a discussion which will touch on different aspects of the chosen text and we hope to be able to introduce them to unfamiliar aspects, so they go back to the text again with different eyes.
All our group offers can be tailored specifically to the needs and interests of individual groups. You can also combine different elements and we offer special discounted rates for combinations of visits, walks and workshops.
Group Rates 2020
* Group Admission for self-guided visit to Centre: €3.50 per student or senior (60+); €4.50 per adult; guides/teachers free of charge (see Terms & Conditions below).
* Group Walking Tours of Joyce’s Dublin. Duration approximately 90 minutes. €10 per student/senior; €12 per adult with a minimum rate of €100. Tours range in suitability from those learning English to those studying Joyce’s works.
* Student tours comprising of in-house presentation followed by short walking tour. Two student tours are available: “Introducing James Joyce” and “Dubliners.” Duration approximately 60 minutes. €10 per student with a minimum rate of €100 per group.
* Customised Student Workshops. Duration approximately 45 minutes. From €8 per student with a minimum rate of €80 per group.
Terms and Conditions 2020
* A group consists of 10 or more persons. Groups must be accompanied by a group leader for the duration of the visit/tour. Group leaders are responsible for their group throughout the duration of the visit/tour. Group leaders are free of charge up to a maximum of one leader per ten persons.
* Groups must book in advance – at least 7 days’ notice is required for group admissions and four weeks’ notice for walking tours or workshops, subject to availability.
* Maximum group size is 25 persons. Proposed groups over 25 persons will be split into smaller groups to visit separately at different times.
* The James Joyce Centre reserves the right to refuse admission at its discretion.
* All groups must arrive on time. Failure to arrive at the agreed time may result in a shortened visit/tour, or entry may be refused.
* For cancellations or significant changes to a booking (e.g. an increase/decrease in numbers) please contact our staff at least 48 hours in advance of your visit.
* Cancellation policy: pre-paid group bookings cancelled more than 7 days in advance will receive 100% refund. Pre-paid bookings cancelled less than 7 days in advance will receive NO refund.
* One single payment for the entire group must be made.
* Payment for groups can be made: in cash or by credit card on the day of the visit/tour; in advance, by invoice and bank transfer or credit card payment; by voucher (prior arrangement required).