Dublin City Council is currently considering an application by Monteco Holdings for the demolition of the Ormond Hotel, 7-13 Ormond Quay Upper, Dublin 7. The hotel is a site of cultural significance for Dublin as it serves as the setting of the ‘Sirens’ episode of Joyce’s Ulysses. In recent months the plaque erected to mark the Joycean revelance of the building has been removed.

The Ormond Hotel was opened in 1900 and ceased trading in 2006. A previous proposal for demolition of the site received permission from An Bord Pleanala in 2004 but that subsequently expired in 2009.

For further information about the current application for demolition and details about how objections can be lodged visit the online page of the application (ref 3008/13) here.